Google
 

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Computer Hardware And Software In Kenya: How Computer Spreadsheet Software Made Me Rich

I have run various small businesses in Kenya for years and my weakness has always been in keeping track of things accurately and keeping records.

Well, my businesses grew in size and I was able to have people working for me whom I gave the responsibility for keeping the records for me. Still, there was always a problem, people behind in posting and so on.

You may be reading this and wondering what the big deal is all about. But surely you must know that accounts and keeping records help an entrepreneur to see a developing problem in the business long before it has become a full blown crisis.

For instance you may have recently changed suppliers for a certain material that you use every day and the new supplier is charging you more. However you do not immediately see the impact it has on your business until your accounts show you that you are paying more for material that is of lower quality than your previous one and because you are doing this, you now need twice the quantity you needed before to keep on producing. So in real terms it may be that you are no longer producing at a profit.

Now if you do not look at your numbers weekly, it means that you will probably find out what has happened when it is too late and your business is already bankrupt. Personally I have an accounting system where I look at my numbers daily. I need to know the daily profit I am making. This way I have been able to correct situations before they even become a problem.

The truth is that I would never have done it without computers and without the spreadsheet software I use. Today I take both for granted but in actual fact it is some miracle. Imagine a simple spreadsheet with formulas and all that needs to be done is to enter the daily costs and daily sales as they happen. The totals come automatically and all I do at the end of the day is print out one sheet of paper and presto, I have all my numbers for the day on one sheet of paper. And before I go home I know exactly how much money I have made or lost that day.


Some computer companies you can talk to about making your life easier and more profitable;


AFTRON COMPUTER SERVICES
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE

A TO Z TECHNOLOGY
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE


KERICHO COMPUTERS
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE


CHILDREN'S COMPUTER CENTRE
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE

MEKATECH SERVICES & SUPPLIES LTD
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE

TRANS BUSINESS MACHINES LTD
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE

COMCRAFT TECHNOLOGIES
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE


FUTURE MICRO TECHNOLOGIES LTD
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE


MICROFLEX KENYA LTD
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE


ONLINE NETWORKS
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE


TODAYS COMPUTERS EAST AFRICA LTD
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE


UNITED MICRO - CARE SYSTEMS
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE


TECHNET COMPUTER SERVICES
COMPUTERS - HARDWARE & MAINTENANCE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the top IT automation software for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central it consulting
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

Good Post! Very informative, glad that you are going to continue writing things like this!

Regards.
http://www.higrade.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!